Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mark's surgery

Mark's surgery went well.  He didn't like any part of it and had a pretty grouchy afternoon after the general anesthesia wore off.  He was pretty inconsolable for the first few hours.  And he was unable to walk- which really freaked him out.  So we spent most of the afternoon on a long car ride in the mountains.  Then all the sudden around 6:30 he snapped out of it, got off my lap and stated running around and playing.  He is is normal self this morning- just a little more whinny.  They told us it would hurt when he jumped so he wouldn't do it- but no such thing we are trying to keep him from jumping everywhere.  

We had about a two hour wait after we checked in and were able to keep him occupied for most of it, but he was grouchy and kept telling me "momma, I am ready to go home, let's go home now, I'm all done".  


I got him some new animal toys- this one is NOT a gorilla it is a monkey!  He doesn't get why mom and dad keep getting it wrong.
I haven't been in a bunny suit in years.  We had to wear them to be able to take him back into the OR.   
Tim also got an owie yesterday.  When he sat up first thing in the morning he passed out- falling out of bed onto the floor on his nose.  it was one of the only times he has passed out in his life and we don't know why.  Probably just getting up too quickly. It looks a little worse today, and is swollen- but no back eyes, we don't think it is broken.  Tim is wishing that he wore contacts.

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

I'm glad that he's doing well but - poor you :)Good luck this next month!
Lots of cute pics. Lilly is getting really big. I want to come visit sometime.....