I got this great knitting book called Itty- Bitty Toys. I have made these two things so far. The patterns are easy to follow even for a beginner like me. But, I do have to admit that she uses a stitch called Make 1 to do increases. I followed the directions so carefully I thought. I hadn't done this stitch before and so I didn't know I was doing it wrong until I was a few rows on and could really see that it left a little a hole ever time I did the stitch. I took it out and tried again, following even more carefully- but still with the holes. So I gave up and did an increase I knew how to do. I need to have Loretta over to show me how I did it wrong.
Since I did so much taking out and redoing, and putting aside because I was frustrated with doing it wrong the Hippo took me a while. So I selected this next pattern for some quick gratification. The book has 5 patterns that flip inside out- this one is an egg into a bird. It has a nest pattern too- but I haven't gotten to that.
1 comment:
I've never been very good at the Make 1 increases either. I usually do KFB (knit front and back) which leaves a little pearl bar but I don't mind.
Uh, yea, it's Loretta. 8-)
Post a Comment