Monday, March 21, 2011

Some things I made recently

I made Tim this sweater.  It was his Christmas present.  I didn't understand that a beginning knitter should not take on a big, fitted project like this.  There are so many parts that I knit, tired on, took out, and knit again.  If I knew what I was doing I could have made three sweaters with all the stitches I knit.  Oh well, I have always been a "jump in with both feet" kinda person.  It was month late that I finished it, but it is done and looks good now.


One of my friends posted about the Ana White website- it is building stuff for beginners.  I have wanted an entry bench and a place to store our shoes for along time- and she had a pattern.  I built this cute bench and even sewed the cover for the cushion.  Together with a couple of purse hooks and the beautiful mirror my Uncle Jeff built for our wedding present we now have a nice entry area.  Uncle Jeff is a professional builder and his mirror makes my bench look a little shabby if you look close- but from this distance wood filler and dark paint cover a lot of sins :)


May not be recently but I built these cuties too :)

The kids and I made the door wreath for Valentines.  We had a good, messy, time painting and hot glueing all the pieces together.

2 comments:

Kurt and Joanie said...

MY GOODNESS! Such cleverness!
The sweater turned out beautifully- very impressive.
ditto on the chest and door design. WOW!

Fisher Family said...

Awesome bench!! I have a list from Ana White about a mile long..... I'm working on bed for Hailey right now. It's taking forever to fit it in around kids and other projects though.